Obtaining MoneyDesktop Access
Note: There are important distinctions between Integration and Production Testing. If your financial institution is starting with Integration testing, only the data feed for your internal accounts will be tested during this phase. Please be aware that the MoneyDesktop accounts you’ve created during Integration testing will be deleted after you have transitioned to our production server.
- Please obtain access to your institution’s MoneyDesktop testing environment by requesting access from your FI’s internal project lead.
Setting Up Your MoneyDesktop Account
- Enter the testing environment provided to you by your FI’s internal project lead
- Click on the MoneyDesktop tab or link within the testing environment
- Your internally-held accounts should automatically begin to populate inside the software.
- Add external accounts by clicking on "+ Add An Account" (Note: Again, only for Production testing)
- Note: If your institution uses a 3rd party to administer certain accounts (i.e. credit cards), these accounts may or may not auto-populate.
What to Test during Production Testing
- Internal Accounts – Verify your internally-held accounts are present and that your balances are correct. Please contact your FI’s internal project lead if there are any errors.
- External Accounts – Add your external accounts by clicking on the "+ Add An Account" button in the Accounts View. Search for the account by name or URL and enter your credentials.
- Note: Certain financial institutions do not have a supported data connection. If you have difficulty adding an external account during the testing period, please contact your FI’s internal project lead.
- Transactions – Review your list of transactions and re-categorize any transactions that may be miscategorized to more accurately reflect your spending. Also, ensure that there are no transactions missing and that the payee is accurate.
- Budgets – Create realistic budgets for the spending categories you wish to track. Review your transactions in each budget category and make corrections where necessary.
- Debts - Verify that all of your liability accounts are appearing in the Debts view. Open each account detail view and confirm if the balances, APRs, and minimum payments are correct. Not all institutions send these figures through the data feed, so you may need to manually input the correct data. You can also set payment due dates for each account.
- Continue to familiarize yourself with all of the views. Log in often to verify that everything is updating accurately.
Internal Account Errors
Please report internal account errors to your FI’s internal project lead.
External Account Errors
Please submit a Support Request by clicking on the "?", then click on "Submit a Support Request" within your MoneyDesktop account. Requests are sent directly to the MX Support Team. Hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9AM – 5PM MST. Expected response time is up to one business day. If you do not see a response within this time frame, please check your spam folder.
Please submit any feedback to your FI's internal project lead. It is highly valued and used in our efforts to continually improve the MX experience.